I use this exact method each time I roast my cauliflower, and just change up the spices for variation. You can also add other veggies to the baking sheet and roast them up at the same time.
Flavours I like adding include:
- 1 tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp chili powder. Add lime juice and zest after finished baking
- 2 tsp curry powder. Add fresh cilantro after finishing baking – served with some garlic yogurt
- Halfway through cooking time, you can add freshly grated parmesan cheese, fresh parsley, chopped up capers, and a squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped (or 1 tsp garlic powder)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- squeeze of lemon juice
- Pre-heat oven to 425° F. Cover baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut or break off pieces of cauliflower and place on baking sheet. Add olive oil, garlic, salt, and other spices you are using and toss lightly so each piece is covered.
- Bake for 30 minutes, tossing halfway through. Squeeze some lemon on top after it's out of the oven.