This is great as a side dish, or even on it’s own with some added kale cooked with the beans, for some greens. I love it slathered on top of some crusty bread, for a bit of a crunch.
It’s so flavourful, with minimal ingredients, and is fairly quick to make. Hope you enjoy!
Creamy Cannellini Beans with Burst Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/4 cup basil
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup chives
- 1 can (500g) cannellini beans, rinced and drained
- 1 cup veggie stock
- cracked pepper, to taste
- squeeze of lemon
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium-large pan. Add beans to the pan, and season with salt and pepper. Stir for an additional couple of minutes until starting to slightly brown.
- Add veggie stock and bring to a simmer on low heat. Smash about 1/4 cup worth of the beans in the pot with the spoon. Stir frequently until about 1/2 of the broth has reduced. About 10 minutes. Meanwhile, start on the tomatoes.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a non-stick pan. Add tomatoes and keep stirring until tomatoes start to lose shape. Add garlic. Press gently on the tomatoes to burst them, and continue stirring. Once all the tomatoes burst, take off heat.
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil, and chopped up fresh herbs, and mix through. Set aside until beans have finished cooking.
- Add some cracked black pepper and mix through beans. Transfer to a bowl, and add dollops of the burst tomatoes on top, and extra cracked pepper. Serve with some crusty bread to dip in, or have it on it's own!