This noodle salad is so refreshing, and is perfect for a hot summer day. It’s tangy, light, and full of flavour. To make this a complete meal, serve with garlic prawns, crispy tofu, or roasted chickpeas.
You can add any veggies you like to this salad: I’ve made this before with avocado as well, and it was delicious. You can also add red peppers, carrots, and spring onions, and even switch out the cucumber ribbons for zucchini (or do both!).
Rice Noodles and Cucumber Salad
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup mint
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp lime, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- salt, to taste
- 200 g rice noodles
- 2 persian cucumbers, cut into ribbons with a peeler or mandolin
- 1/4 cup snap peas, julienned
- 1/4 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 tomato, chopped
- fresh mint and cilantro, for garnish
Pickled Red Chillies (Spicy!) – Optional
- 2 red Thai chillies, chopped
- 4 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- pinch of salt
Pickled Chillies in Vinegar (optional)
- Combine the chillies with the vinegar, sugar and salt and set aside for at least half an hour.
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing, except for the salt, in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Add salt to taste, and blend through. Once salt is added, add extra lime to make it tangier, and extra olive oil to smooth it out.
- Boil water in a large pot. Once boiled, turn off heat and add noodles. Let soak for 10 minutes, or as per package instructions. Meanwhile, chop/prep all the veggies.
- Rinse noodles under cold water.
- In a large bowl, add noodles. Pour dressing on top, saving a little bit, and mix throughout. Add cucumber ribbons, snap peas, and red onion and gently toss. Pour on remainder of the dressing, some chilies along with the vinegar, and sprinkle with fresh herbs.