This salad can be assembled and served within just a few minutes, but you can prepare it ahead of time as well, and just add the dressing before you serve it. I used frozen corn, since it’s all I had on hand, but you can use fresh corn ears as well. Just boil it for about 6 minutes, and then grill until a bit charred on each side.
This is perfect for a side salad, or you can make it a meal by adding some prawns or salmon on top. If you want more greens, it tastes great with arugula, as well. The fresh herbs in the salad taste amazing mixed with the sweet corn and snap peas. Hope you enjoy!
Corn and Snap Pea Salad
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup snap peas, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup feta, crumbled (preferably fresh feta in brine)
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, sliced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Over high heat, coat pan with some neutral oil. Add thawed corn, and grill until a little browned. Take off heat and add to serving bowl, and let cool while putting together the dressing.
- Mix all ingredients for the dressing with a whisk, and set aside.
- Add snap peas, red onion, tomatoes, feta, and herbs into the bowl with the corn. Whisk dressing one more time. Pour over the salad and toss throughout.