This salad is perfect for summer – it’s light, refreshing, and delicious! You can either have it as a side dish, or add some grilled prawns or avocado to make it more hearty.
The dressing can be made ahead of time and in a larger batch, and can be refrigerated covered for up to a week. Remember to whisk it before serving.
Grilled Peach Salad
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2-3 peaches, halved
Honey Lemon Vinaigrette
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- t tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- salt to taste
- cracked pepper to taste
- 3 cups baby spinach (or can use arugula or spring mix)
- 1/4 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds, toasted
- 2 tbsp pepitas, toasted
- herbs to garnish
- Mix together balsamic vinegar and honey for the peaches. Lightly brush peaches with the mixture, and sprinkle a little salt on top.
- Heat up BBQ or grill to medium high1. Once heated, place peaches on the heat, skin side up. Let cook for 5 minutes each side, until honey caramelizes. Once cooked through, take off heat and let chill in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add all ingredients together for vinaigrette in a bowl or cup, and whisk together well.
- Place chopped spinach into a large bowl, and add red onion. Toss in vinaigrette2.
- Cut chilled peaches in half, and place on top on spinach. Add little chunks of goat cheese, and sprinkle the seeds and fresh herbs on top. Drizzle a little extra dressing if you would like, and enjoy!
- Make sure the grill is oiled so that the peaches do not stick.
- If you are planning to have leftovers, keep the salad separate from the vinaigrette. Remember to whisk the vinaigrette before serving.